Speaker Terms & Conditions
By submitting an application to speak, you are making and entering into this agreement by and between the Northwest Event Show (NWES) and you as a potential Speaker (SPEAKER).
If application is accepted, SPEAKER agrees to prepare and present at the Northwest Event Show 2024, to be held April 3 and 4, 2024 and located at Washington State Convention Center Summit Building, 900 Pine St, Seattle WA 98101.
Event Specific Details
- SPEAKER shall participate in a moderated panel session or individual presentation to be held at the Northwest Event Show in Seattle, WA on April 3 and 4, 2024 (the “Event”).
- In preparation, the SPEAKER agrees to:
- meet all program-related deadlines provided to him/her by NWES, including but not limited to deadlines for slides, handouts, A/V requests, etc.;
- participate in at least one pre-event meeting to discuss presentation details and one rehearsal/prep session as needed at mutually convenient times to be arranged;
- promote his/her session through the SPEAKER’s social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, personal and company websites, etc.); (Social media language with short links and hashtags will be provided to SPEAKER by NWES prior to the event)
- provide a copy of the presentation for use in session video post-production.
- If possible, SPEAKER will also:
- Send a press release through their organization (NWES to provide a customizable template) provided NWES reviews and approves such press release prior to its distribution.
General Terms and Conditions
With respect to the SPEAKER’s participation in the Event:
- SPEAKER shall own the copyright in all materials provided for, or created by SPEAKER at the Event except for materials specifically created solely for NWES’s use or materials incorporating NWES’s intellectual property. To the extent the SPEAKER provides their intellectual property to NWES for use in the Event, SPEAKER grants NWES a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free license to use, reproduce, and distribute the intellectual property in connection with the Event, including post-event content distribution;
- SPEAKER grants NWES and its agents, licensees, members, and employees a royalty-free, perpetual license to publish, reproduce or otherwise use the SPEAKER’s name, picture, likeness, comments, voice for any lawful purpose in all media in connection with the Event;
- SPEAKER is knowingly and voluntarily taking part in the activities for which their image is being captured and understands the associated requirements;
- SPEAKER releases and waives any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses as a result of, or arising from their participation;
- To the best of SPEAKER’s knowledge, their presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, or privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- SPEAKER has obtained all necessary licenses and permissions for any third-party intellectual property including, but not limited to, music, video or other media shown as part of the SPEAKER’s presentation;
- SPEAKER shall conduct themselves in a professional and civil manner and in accordance with the NWES’s Code of Ethics;
- SPEAKER agrees that no portion of the resulting media created at the Event, containing SPEAKER’s name, biographical information, quotes, photographs, or recorded interviews needs to be submitted for any approval.
NWES prohibits discrimination, harassment or bullying against any person because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. NWES expects that the SPEAKER shall maintain an environment free of discrimination, including harassment, bullying, or retaliation when and wherever those individuals are conducting NWES business or participating in NWES events or activities.
- SPEAKER shall indemnify, release, defend, and hold harmless NWES, its directors, officers, employees and independent contractors from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of a third party claim, action, or proceeding, based directly or indirectly on any breach of SPEAKER’s warranties contained herein or arising from or relating to SPEAKER’s performance under this Agreement.
- NWES shall indemnify, release, defend, and hold harmless the SPEAKER from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of a third party claim, action, or proceeding, based directly or indirectly on any breach of ORGANIZATION’s warranties contained herein or arising from or relating to ORGANIZATION’s performance under this Agreement.
Compensation and Expenses
- SPEAKER will be registered with a comped VIP ticket to attend NWES on April 3-4, 2024. ($400 value)
- SPEAKER will be invited to attend Welcome Reception on April 3rd, 2024.
- SPEAKER is responsible for all hotel, travel, and meal expenses.
Cancellation and Force Majeure
- SPEAKER agrees to notify NWES’s program managers immediately in the event that an emergency should prevent him/her from meeting his/her obligation as a session panelist. Any substitution of a new speaker shall require NWES’s written consent.
- None of the parties shall be liable to the other party for any delay or failure to perform arising out of causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, government authority, riots, epidemics, unusually severe weather, fire, floods, war, terrorism, embargoes, labor disputes or strikes.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- SPEAKER understands that accepting these terms and conditions at time of submitting a speaker application does NOT guarantee them a speaking slot at the Northwest Event Show in April 2024. All applicants will be notified of their acceptance or denial by January 5, 2024.
- SPEAKER understands that his/her invitation to participate can be revoked at NWES’ sole discretion if the SPEAKER fails to comply with any of the above obligations.
- SPEAKER acknowledges that they have read and understand this document and what it means with respect to their participation. SPEAKER warrants, represents, and agrees that they have the full power and authority to enter into this agreement; and has obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any necessary individuals or organizations prior to the SPEAKER’s presentation.