Review the following list for ways exhibitors can be more sustainable while exhibiting at the 2024 Northwest Event Show. Exhibitors must pledge to a minimum of five action items to receive exhibitor Sustainability Pledge recognition.
- Participating companies will be featured in our event platform as well as on graphic assets during the show.
- Company logos for the Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge participants will be featured on the NWES sustainability webpage. Logos must be received by March 15th, 2024.
Please choose AT LEAST 5 Action Items below to receive recognition:
- Use either LED or compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
- All displays, monitors and booth lighting will be powered down each night after show/setup hours. If equipment cannot be shut down, it will be put into sleep mode during non-expo hours.
- Are your company employees staying in the same hotel? Rideshare to the convention together!
Booth Build & Graphics
- Use the electronic version of the NWES Exhibitor Kit provided by show management to avoid unnecessary printing.
- Flooring is reusable and has either been used at previous events or will be used at future events.
- Display elements are reused from past events or will be reused at future events.
- Display elements contain a minimum of 30% recycled content.
- Display elements include aluminum components, which are durable, lightweight and pack in less space.
- Buy local: Use local suppliers for required building materials.
- Graphics are reusable and either used at previous events or will be used at future events.
- Graphics and signage are produced on 100% recyclable substrate.
- Graphics and signage contain a minimum of 30% recycled material.
- Graphics are printed on fabric material made of at least 30% recycled content.
Shipping & Packaging Practices
- Shipments are consolidated into a single shipment.
- Avoid polystyrene used in booth shipment (i.e. packing peanuts, Styrofoam, #6 or foam plastic).
- Choose biodegradable packing materials.
- Use recyclable packaging.
- Padding materials and exhibit crates are reused for shipping during move-out.
- Waste accumulated during move-in and move-out is properly disposed of in the appropriate waste containers.
- Recycle badge lanyards at the conclusion of the show in the bins provided on-site.
- Reduce literature and the number of giveaways shipped by 10% compared to previous shows.
- Giveaways are made of recycled, responsibly grown natural fiber, non-toxic and biodegradable materials.
- Electronic giveaways – Create smart and trendy giveaways, like a USB storage drive with your content already loaded.
- Post QR codes in the booth that lead to marketing materials rather than handing out physical copies.
- Use digital business cards
Food & Beverage
- Include seasonal and local produce in your catering orders to help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Food and beverage serve ware within the booth is reusable china service or, if single use, is compostable.
- Host a water cooler within the booth.
- Recycle plastic water bottles in booths.